On October 11, 2012 the Catholic Church will begin a celebration of the “Year of Faith” to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the Second Vatican Council and the twentieth anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. The year will be quite busy, beginning with a Synod on “The New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian Faith” in October and including World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro in July 2013. We are also likely to see the publication of a new encyclical on faith to complete the two other encyclicals the pope has written on love and hope. As a celebration of the New Evangelization, catechists and religion teachers will be challenged to embrace this year in a special way. Below you will find a number of Catholic Year of Faith activities to use in your religious education classroom this year.
Year of Faith Resources for Religious Education
Catholic Year of Faith Activities and Lesson Plan Ideas
- Nicene Creed Activities (The Catholic Toolbox)
- Apostles’ Creed Activities (The Catholic Toolbox)
- Apostles’ Creed File Folder Game (The Catholic Toolbox)
- Pray the Creed, Live the Creed (Engaging Faith)
- The Creed Game (Loyola Press)
- Nicene Creed Craft: One God (Catholic Icing)
- Understanding the Lord’s Prayer (Engaging Faith)
- The Lord’s Prayer Lessons (The Catholic Toolbox)
- Catechism Scavenger Hunt (Engaging Faith)
- Introduction to the Catechism Lesson Plan (The Religion Teacher)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church File Folder Game (The Catholic Toolbox)
- 45 Ways to Celebrate the Year of Faith as a Family (The Religion Teacher)
This will surely be of great help to me and my colleagues, well done, looking forward to receiving precious help from your end. Thanks
No problem Pauline! Let me know how things go!
Thank you for all the useful material you provide us educators. I was very eager to share your site with my friends. As a Catholic I believe that it is our duty to pass on the Lord’s teachings especially to our young ones and you make it much easier and pleasant to do so. Keep up the great work and God bless.
Thank you Colleen. I don’t take Christ’s command to “Go and make disciples” lightly either (Mt 28:19).
Thank you very much for putting efforts to prepare the materials for us to be easy. I got many idea to prepare my lesson and lead the students to God by my teaching and my living. Thanks again for the suggestions.