Welcome to The Religion Teacher! Thank you so much for joining me in the PCL Forum at the 2014 NCCL Conference. It is such a joy to be on this journey with you. Here are the promised additional resources to extend what we did in the session.
We think that becoming a better religious educator requires more specialized knowledge of teaching strategies and management techniques, but according to Christ (the Master-Teacher) all we need to do is become better disciples and servants. So if we just focus on growing as disciples and servants, we will become better teachers and leaders.
Feel free to use some of these resources to lead your catechists through the process of becoming better disciple-teachers and servant-leaders:
- Recall Your Calling as a Religious Educator (Day 1)
- Recognize Your Relationship with Christ (Day 2)
- Spend Time Reading the Scriptures (Day 4)
- Improve One Prayer Habit (Day 7)
- Get to Know a Student Before or After Class (Day 10)
- Write a Note of Praise to a Student Who Struggles (Day 11)
- Compliment a Parent about a Child (Day 12)
- Pray for Your Students (Day 13)
- Write Out Why a Lesson is Important (Day 20)
- Simplify Your Lesson (Day 23)
- Become a Witness (Day 31)
*Day numbers correspond to the days in 31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator.
Free Leader’s Guide
The book comes with many supplemental resources including a leader’s guide for administrators and department chairs, many of which were featured in the webinar. Download the leader’s guide and other resources at www.thereligionteacher.com/31days/leader.
Join The Religion Teacher Email List for Timely, Practical Resources Worth Sharing
Have you joined The Religion Teacher Mailing List yet? Throughout the year, you will receive timely resources (lesson ideas, activities, videos, and teaching strategies) that you can share with your catechists to help them get students engaged in learning, living, and loving the Catholic faith. Just enter your name and email below: