The Religion Teacher’s Mission
As Christ’s witnesses, we make disciples everywhere.
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them…teaching them.” (Mt 28:19)
“But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses…to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
The Religion Teacher’s Vision
A Church of Spirit-filled disciples who can’t keep their faith to themselves.
Specifically, regarding religious education and faith formation, we envision a Church with:
- Students that are so interested and engaged in class that they are excited to share their experiences with peers and parents.
- Parents whose own personal encounters with Christ and relationship with God spills over into the way they parent especially through family prayer and weekly mass.
- Religious educators who–with practical resources and go-to catechetical methods–can confidently engage kids and parents in learning, loving, and living their faith.
- Parish and school staff who share their faith journeys and support each other by praying together, working together, and growing together.
The Religion Teacher’s Strategies
The Religion Teacher will carry out this mission and strive towards this vision by
- creating practical & engaging resources (activities, lesson plans, prayers, videos, worksheets, products, and books)
- curating the best content and resources for religious educators
- providing training in effective teaching strategies
- providing faith formation opportunities for religious educators
- forming and growing a community of spirit-filled religious educators