Thank you for coming to Jared Dees’ 2013 OCEA presentation. Here are some links to some further reading about the strategies and tools he mentioned.
The Effective Teaching Strategies
- Bell Work: Bell Work Activities
- Learning Objectives: 31DBBRE: Day 21: Draft or Edit Student Learning Objectives
- Advance Organizers: Why Use Advance Organizers (and Five Examples)
- Share the Hook: The Hook (Technique: 12 from Teach Like A Champion by Doug Lemov)
- Lectures: Made to Stick / Graphic Organizers
- Reading Textbooks: 31DBBRE: Day 25: Change the Way Students Read the Textbook
- Formative Assessments: 31DBBRE: Day 22: Assess without a Test
- Performance Assessments: What is Performance-based Learning?
The Ed-tech Tools
- Google Drive
- Survey Monkey