Hello and welcome to The Religion Teacher!
You can check out the links to all the additional resources for the presentation below. While you are here, feel free to check out some of the other Catholic religious education resources, activities, and lesson plans for religious educators. Also, sign up for the free eBook The Religion Teacher’s Guide to Lesson Planning.
Christ the Master-Teacher: 12 Ways to Become a Better Religious Educator
We think that becoming a better religious educator requires more specialized knowledge of teaching strategies and management techniques, but according to Christ (the Master-Teacher) all we need to do is become better disciples and servants. So if we just focus on growing as disciples and servants, we will become better teachers and leaders.
- Recall Your Calling as a Religious Educator (Day 1) (Disciple)
- Recognize Your Relationship with Christ (Day 2)
- Spend Time Reading the Scriptures (Day 4)
- Improve One Prayer Habit (Day 7)
- Learn Something from Your Students (Day 6)
- Write a Note of Praise to a Student Who Struggles (Day 11) (Servant)
- Compliment a Parent about a Child (Day 12)
- Pray for Your Students (Day 13)
- Articulate a Vision for Your Classroom (Day 17) (Leader)
- Simplify Your Lesson (Day 23) (Teacher)
- Tell a Story in Class (Day 24)
- Become a Witness (Day 31)
*Day numbers correspond to the day in 31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator.
Free Leader’s Guide
The book comes with many supplemental resources including a leader’s guide for administrators and department chairs, many of which were featured in the webinar. Download the leader’s guide and other resources at www.thereligionteacher.com/31days/leader.