The Religion Teacher’s Creed Worksheets includes a printable handout for each of the twelve articles of the Apostles’ Creed. Students will reflect on the meaning of each phrase in the Creed to grow deeper in their faith in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Or gain access as a premium member of The Religion Teacher.)
The word creed comes from the Latin word credo, which means “I believe.” When we recite the Creed, we are stating our beliefs as Christians.
We teach our kids to memorize the Creed at a young age. We want them to be able to say the Nicene Creed on Sundays and recite the Apostles’ Creed in prayers like the Rosary.
Unfortunately, kids learn to memorize the Creed without ever reflecting on the meaning of the words they say. What if, instead, our students added meaning to their memorization? They would need time to pause and think about what their beliefs actually mean.
The Religion Teacher’s Creed Worksheets offer activities and reflection questions to help kids meditate on the meaning of each of the twelve articles in the Apostles’ Creed.
With the help of these worksheets, kids will come to a greater personal understanding of:
- God the Father as Creator
- Jesus’s identity as Christ, Son, and Lord
- Jesus’s birth, death, and resurrection
- The role of the Holy Spirit in our lives
- The resurrection of the body
- What it means to live forever
Each of these worksheets encourages students to make connections between the Creed and their personal lives.
After finishing the complete set of twelve worksheets, students will think differently about the words they pray.
They will never pray the Apostles’ Creed in the same way again.
There two ways to access this resource:
1) Become a premium member of The Religion Teacher and gain access to these and hundreds of other resources for the extent of your membership. (Plans starting at $4.99/month)
2) Buy a perpetual license for $9.95.
(Best value: monthly membership or annual membership. You can cancel at any time and you will have access to hundreds of additional worksheets and videos exclusively available to members.)